Whatcha Think?
Titus 2:3-5 helps us determine if what we are spending our lives on is truly important by spelling out for us what is truly important. If what we are doing does not fall within the parameters given by the text, we need to rethink it.
The Gospel is what teaches us and motivates us to desire and pursue the virtues listed in the verses above.
Going Deep
I can really relate to Carolyn's experience the most. While I do have the counsel of older godly women, I often feel very overwhelmed with the enormity of what it means to be a mom. My transition from single woman to married woman didn't seem to be as challenging as the transition from not being a mom to being a mom. I was encouraged by Carolyn's story simply because it for one reminds me that I am not alone in this huge task of raising my children, as well as also reminding me that children do grow up. Even the longest days end.
I have always believed in a wife staying home, raising her children, and maintaining the home. This is what my mom did, so I have always had a good example of what that looks like. I also believe wholeheartedly in the husband being the head of the home and the wife being submissive to him and supporting him in his leadership.
Take Home
I often think I need to be more kind, not so much to our children, but to my husband. I sometimes find myself letting him take the brunt of my poor attitude or frustration with the children if I've had a trying day at home with them. My husband said that he would like me to work on being more cheerful, which goes along with what I wrote about kindness.
I am currently a younger woman with young children. I have in the past and still do mentor younger women who are either unmarried or who are married but do not yet have children.
Grace Reminder
I struggle with being discouraged when the children are extra-needy or when they don't listen or obey. I also sometimes struggle to remember that these days in this stage of life are not just full of mundane tasks and seemingly countless challenges that children bring about. These days are designed by God as an opportunity for me to teach and love our children, to bring them up in the way they should go, to know God and His truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment