Fun Stuff: My story is not so fun, but I can't help but think of the better choices I could have made last year when my headaches first began if I had a wise woman's counsel, such as my godly neighbor who has taught me so much in the past 12 months. I met her just weeks after I had already started down a road of medical tests and medicine doses. It took me a year to figure out that doing nothing but physical therapy was my best bet on the road to recovery! Hind-sight truely is 20-20 in my case!
Wat'cha Think? I am so glad the Lord placed the desire to be a full-time homemaker on my heart early in life. I can't imagine investing in anything more important than my children, and it makes me so sad to see so many mothers missing out on this invaluable experience (and mostly for their children too!). My only regret is that we didn't start our family earlier, waiting 5 years to pay off student loans while I was teaching. I'd much rather invested those years into my own family!
Going Deep: I can most identify with Carolyn's experience of caring for young children. It took me a while to learn to enjoy this season of life. I think the first year of adjustment to being home, after being in the workplace for five years, was the most difficult. The Lord has definitely been teaching me to be more content with being home (especially during the winter months in SD), and having health issues the past year has really taught me to be thankful for all the mundane tasks at home, and to really be grateful for every moment I get to spend with my children (even when the babe is throwing a tantrum!). I've really noticed a difference in my patience and joy when dealing with each individual child's challenges.
Since I did not grow up in a Christian home I began to value these Christian virtues early. I wanted to be a godly woman, and raise my children in a Christian home. I knew it would be difficult since I didn't have an example to follow, but for years I prayed for a spiritual leader to be my husband, and that he'd have a Christian family to grow alongside. The Lord was so gracious to answer both of those prayers when I was just twenty.
I hope to benefit from this study, by being reminded of the virtues I am to seek each day. I hope that I will be able to exemplify them for my daughter as I teach her to become a godly woman who values motherhood and homemaking!
Take Home: I am in the younger woman season of life, and I am already so blessed to have a godly woman right next store to me from which to learn. There is a group of ladies that meets at her home weekly to discuss homemaking issues and Biblical principles. I also look forward to mentoring my daughter, especially!
Grace Reminder: I think the area I am struggling with now (for the past year), has been not to be anxious for anything (re: my health and life), and to trust the Lord with the lives of my children! I would be grateful for prayers for a joyful attitude amidst my trails and to fervently trust the Lord!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment